Includes 3 Carbon Pre-filters & 1 VOC pleated Filter for Heavy Odors. This kit lasts for one year. Replace pre-filters every 4 months and VOC filter yearly. If you chose the 7 lb carbon instead of the pleated VOC filter, please see below.
Note: Please note if you choose the VOC canister with 7 lbs of carbon, due to a change in Amaircare's packaging, you will receive 2 boxes: 1. 3 prefilters and 2 carbon blankets (you can dispose of these) and 2. the 7 lb canister. You do not want to use the carbon blankets and the canister. It will not fit.
Which Filter Type to Choose:
- Molded filter configuration is before Nov 2015 (Top of HEPA filter is opened like a donut)
- Typically Easy Twist configuration is after Nov 2015 (Top of HEPA filter is closed)
- The molded configuration contains 11 lbs of carbon where the new design called Easy Twist contains 7 lbs.
- Please Note: June 2022, Amaircare changed to a new, improved pleated carbon insert to replace the 7 lb carbon insert for Easy Twist models only.
- The molded configuration typically fits older models like 8500s, and older 3000, 4000 and older 10000 units
- In a molded unit, when looking down on the filters, you will be able to see the HEPA and the inner filters. In a twist unit, the HEPA has a cap on it.
- If in doubt, please contact us and we'd be happy to assist you.
VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are gasses and chemicals that are emitted in your home from objects and products like: paints, household cleaning chemicals, furniture, carpet etc.
Carbon acts as a sponge to adsorb VOCs. The standard carbon blanket that comes with every Amaircare product is a very effective 'sponge', but with carbon, the more surface area there is, the more VOCs it can adsorb. So, the more carbon the better.
Amaircare provides an optional VOC Canister with all of it's Central Systems and most of it's Portable systems. The VOC Canister has a much larger surface area of carbon, so it's collection capacity is greatly increased. This makes the VOC Cartridge the filter of choice for situations where increased VOC. Removal is important.
Filter Life: - Pre-Filter: 3-6 months - HEPA Filter: 2-5 years - Carbon Filter: 6 months - Optional V.O.C. Canister: 12 months