The Filter Life Reset function allows the Filter Life Monitor to be reset after a new filter has been inserted. As a result, the appropriate filter life LED on the control panel will be reset to green and the hour count in the Filter Life Reset display will be reset to the full life span of the new filter. Note: Resetting the Filter Life Monitor will also cancel the “Replace Filter” warning from the main display window.
Important: To safeguard against inadvertently resetting the life of the wrong filter, the filter selection needs to be confirmed twice by pressing the Enter key. Refer to steps 4 and 5 below. If the wrong filter has been selected, or if you wish to exit the Enter mode, press the Menu key. This will leave the Filter Life Reset unaffected and return you to the Main display. Note: If no key is pressed for 15 seconds in a menu window, the display will revert to the main display window.
1. To reach the Filter Life Reset function from the main display window, press the Menu key seven times.
2. Press and hold the Enter key until the flashing cursor appears. The first filter selection to appear is the Pre-Filter. Release the Enter key.
3. Press the (up)key to select the filter that has been replaced. The Filter Life LED for the appropriate filter is currently flashing red.
4. Press the Enter key to confirm that the selected filter has been replaced.
5. To re-confirm the filter change, press the Enter key. To exit the Filter Life Reset window, press the Menu key.
6. Upon successful reset of the filter life, the new remaining filter life (taking the currently selected fan speed into account) will be displayed, and the filter LED light on the control panel will change from red to green.